TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO VEHICLE RENTAL AGREEMENT
Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental
By signing this Motor Vehicle Rental Agreement (hereafter the "Agreement") on the reverse side hereof, You agree to rent from Vision Greenwave, Inc., (hereafter “Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental”) the vehicle thereto described, and agree to abide yourself by the terms and conditions hereinafter set forth, which terms and conditions will govern the rental and use of any such motor vehicle. "Vehicle" shall mean the rented vehicle or its replacement, including tires, equipment, tools, accessories and vehicle documents.
1. VEHICLE INSPECTION AND ACCEPTANCE Prior to the operation of any rented vehicle You will inspect the same and, except as otherwise noted on the reverse side hereof, Your operation of the Vehicle will be an acknowledgment on Your part that the Vehicle is in good condition and repair. You accept the Vehicle "as is" and “with all faults” and Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental makes no express or implied warranties or representations with respect to the Vehicle, including its merchantability or its fitness for any particular purpose, in no event will Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental be liable to You and/or any authorized drivers for any patent defects in any Vehicle, except if due to Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental’s negligence or willful misconduct or for any special indirect consequential damages.
2. RENTAL CHARGES You agree to pay Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental upon demand and without reduction or setoff, the rates and charges that are indicated on the reverse side hereof, including any and all other amounts which become due under this Agreement. You have been informed that an amount equal or up to the estimated total charges due under this Agreement, will be reserved or set aside by the credit card issuer whose credit card You present in payment of your bills. You hereby consent to such reserve or set aside by the credit card Issuer. All charges are subject to audit. If, upon audit, an error is found, You shall pay the corrected charges, charges, including changing any charge card invoices signed by You, to reflect correct charges, with written or verbal notice of correction to You. You fail to comply with this agreement if the total payment of the amount of the loan is not satisfied. In the event that you do not make the corresponding payment within the term of ten (10) labor days, Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental, Inc. will apply a charge of 5% of the monthly compound balance due. In case of default, Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental may claim the total amount due, plus additional charges. I authorize Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental. Inc., to disclose to any credit agency the information concerning my credit experience with Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental. COMPUTATION OF CHARGES: (a) Time: Computed at the rate set forth on reverse side. (b) Refueling Service Charge: The Vehicle will be delivered with fuel. You will be responsible for returning the Vehicle with such amount of fuel and in the event it is returned with less fuel than when rented, You shall pay a refueling service charge equal to the amount of fuel needed to refill the tank of fuel as per Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental’s refueling service charge policy. (c) Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) Charges (Responsibility for Loss of or Damage to the Vehicle. If applicable, computed at daily charge set forth on reverse side. Daily charge is due for each full or partial rental day. (d) Other Charges: Fines, including, but not limited to parking, speeding or traffic fines, penalties, forfeitures, court costs and other expenses, that may be assessed against Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental which are due by reason of Your possession or use of Vehicle, including an administrative charge. All other charges incurred by Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental in relation to this Agreement, including without limitation: (1) Drop-off charges, if applicable, if Vehicle is not returned to renting location, (2) for other services supplied by Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental and for any loss, theft or damage to any accessories or equipment supplied by Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental, and (3) Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental’s reasonable and verified cost and expenses for repairing Vehicle, if Vehicle was damaged while being used by you in violation of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including loss rentals and other expenses resulting from (i)operation off a paved road, flooded or water filled area or road or any other such reckless or abusive vehicle handling (ii) operation with flat or under inflated tires, insufficient motor oil, coolant or other vehicle fluids, or collision with a low overpass or other overhead object; (iii) vehicle loading, unloading and overloading beyond manufacture’s recommended maximum GVW or GCW.
3. DRIVERS Only a licensed driver of at least 25 years of age who possesses all the qualifications and meets all of the requirements established by the applicable laws and regulations may operate a rented vehicle. Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental has the right to verify that Your driver license has been validly issued and is in good standing. Without any exceptions, whatsoever, only the following persons set forth on the reverse side hereof will qualify as drivers.
4. VEHICLE USE (a) Rented Vehicle may only be used by You in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico during the ordinary course of your business or for family or personal affairs, for the purpose and uses initially represented to Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental and in areas not disrupted by strikes, mobs, violence or other civil upheaval. You are prohibited from installing any bumper, clamp-on, or other type of trailer hitch. Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental will be held harmless, defended and indemnified by You from any fines, penalties, forfeitures and other losses and damages resulting from any illegal use or operation of the Vehicle by you. No rented Vehicle will be subleased, or trip leased by You, who furthermore, will neither permit any lien or encumbrance to be attached upon the Vehicle, nor assign this Agreement or any interest in it. You will not allow the Vehicle to be used for the following purposes or under any of the following conditions, all being WITHOUT IISLAND JEEP RENTAL OR COQUI CAR RENTAL’S PERMISSION: (1) the transportation of passengers for hire, (2) to propel or tow any vehicle, trailer or other object, (3) to be tested, raced, or used in any other similar contest or activities, (4) for any illegal purpose, (5) to instruct an unlicensed person in operation of the Vehicle, (6) if the Vehicle is obtained by fraud or misrepresentation, (7) to carry person other than in passenger compartment of the Vehicle, (8) loading the Vehicle beyond its rated capacity, or (9) while under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants like drugs or narcotics. No person may be carried in or on the Vehicle when such Vehicle is being towed or transported in any other way. (b) You guarantee that the Vehicle will not be used to load, unload, transport or haul any of the following: (1) explosives or any substance by whose decomposition or combusting gas is generated with such rapidity that it can be used for blasting or in firearms, or for the generation of power. (2) gasoline or petroleum by products, including liquefied petroleum gas, or any other flammable or hazardous substance; (3) pollutants meaning any solid, liquid, gaseous or thermal irritant or contaminant, including smoke, vapor, soot, fumes, acids, alkalis, chemicals and waste material including materials which are intended to be or have been recycled, reconditioned or reclaimed.
5. LOSS OR DAMAGE TO VEHICLE/COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW) If during the term of your use, custody and control of the vehicle; the Vehicle is stolen, lost or damaged while on rental, whether or not due to Your fault, even for unknown causes, You shall pay Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental on demand the amount of such loss or damage at prevailing retail price plus Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental’s related expenses, except if due to the negligence or willful misconduct of Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental and/or except as follows: (a) Collision or Rollover: If the Vehicle is used in accordance with all terms and condition of this Agreement, Your responsibility for loss of or damage to the Vehicle due to collision or rollover is: (i) LIMITED to maximum amount set forth on reverse side; or (ii) waived by Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental if You accept Collision Damage Waiver at time of rental by initialing CDW "ACCEPT" box on reserve side. If You permit use of the Vehicle by persons other than authorized operator(s) as described herein, or uses or permits use of the vehicle in violation of paragraph 4 hereof, or off a paved road and/or in a reckless, grossly negligent, abusive or wanton manner, You shall be liable for all loss of or damage to the Vehicle up to its full value, whether or not You have accepted collision damage waiver. (b) CDW does not cover damages to the Vehicles due to collision with a low or other overhead object. You understand that CDW is not insurance. You will be liable for any loss of or damage to the Vehicle except if due to Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental’s negligence or willful misconduct. Any use of the Vehicle, as prohibited in paragraph 4, above, including abusive use, any damage or loss attributable to theft which occurs with your prior knowledge or knowing participation or any additional authorized driver, or which is attributable to you or any additional authorized driver leaving the Vehicle unattended with the keys in the vehicle, voids CDW.
6. SERVICE AND REPAIR When requested by Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental for periodic inspections and maintenance, or whenever repairs are needed, You will, at your expense, deliver the Vehicle to the service facilities designated by Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental. The Vehicle will not be operated after a collision or mechanical failure if continued operation of the same would be unsafe or further damage the Vehicle. In such cases, You will notify Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental immediately and follow Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental directions regarding emergency repair service. Neither You nor your drivers will be allowed to make any repairs or adjustments to the Vehicle. Only when expressly authorized in writing by Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental, will Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental pay for Vehicle repairs which are made in service facilities other than those designated by Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental.
7. CARGO LOSSES You agree to release, defend, indemnify ad hold harmless Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental, its directors, officers, agents and employees against, liability for any loss or damage (including consequential damage) to any cargo or other property transported in or any rented Vehicle or trailer pulled by the Vehicle except if due to Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental’s negligence or willful misconduct.
8. INSURANCE COVERAGE AND INDEMNIFICATION (a) If you are the designated party on the reverse side here of, you will at your expense maintain an Automobile Liability Insurance Coverage for the Vehicle, with limits of at least $20,000 Combined Single Limit and Comprehensive All Risk Physical Damage Insurance in an amount not less than the actual cash value of the vehicle, with a deductible per occurrence as per established by Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental ($500.00) at the time of rental, which deductible will be reimbursed to Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental. The corresponding insurance policy will also include minimum coverage required of You under any applicable “no fault” or “uninsured motorist” law, and will name You, Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental and its subsidiaries as insured, protecting them and their authorized drivers, employees and agents from liability for personal injuries or death and for loss or damage to property of third person (including Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental’s strict liability in tort), resulting from the ownership, maintenance, operation or use, including loading and unloading of the Vehicle. (b) If Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental is the designated party , Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental waives all claims against You for loss or damage to the Vehicle except that Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental does not waive, and You will be responsible for: (i) the corresponding deductible indicated on the reverse side hereof ($500.00), (ii) the reimbursement required under this Agreement, (iii) physical damage to the Vehicle resulting from any violation of this Agreement or conversion of the Vehicle by You, your employees or agents. (c) The insurance policies providing the foregoing coverages will (i) be in form reasonably acceptable to Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental; (ii) provide that the coverages will be primary and not additional or excess coverage over insurance otherwise available to Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental or in accordance with the indemnity provisions herein; and (iii) provide that notice of cancelation will be delivered in accordance with policy provisions. You will give Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental an additional insured endorsement. (d) Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental and you agree to cooperate with each other, and with the insurance companies, to prevent loss in handling claims and proceedings involving the Vehicle and in order to assure prompt and full coverage. You will immediately inform the law enforcement agency having jurisdiction at the place of the accident or theft of any accident within four (4) hours after, casualty or theft involving the Vehicle and to Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental furnish a complete written report to Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental within four (4) hours after the accident or theft occurred, as well as, every process, pleading notice, or any paper of any kind received by You or any driver of the Vehicle relating to any claim, suit or proceeding and shall cooperate fully with Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental and its insurer in investigating and defending the same. (e) You hereby agree to defend, indemnify, save, protect, and in general, hold Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental, its successors, assigns, agents and employees and insurers (the “indemnities”) harmless against all claims, actions, proceedings, reasonable expenses, damages, injuries, liabilities and losses, of whichever kind and nature except if due to (the “indemnities”) negligence or willful misconduct.
9. DEFAULT Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental may without further notice, demand or hearing, all of which are hereby waived, take possession of, and remove a rented Vehicle wherever it may be found, whenever You do not return the Vehicle at the date and time established or otherwise violate this Agreement, Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental will be entitled to recover all costs associated with such repossession, including reasonable outside legal fees, together with all losses and damages directly or indirectly resulting from any violation of this Agreement by You. Additionally, Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental may recover all costs and expenses reasonably incurred in protecting its rights under this Agreement, including reasonable outside legal fees.
10. VEHICLE REPOSSESSION Any Vehicle found illegally parked, which appears to be abandoned, or is being used unlawfully or in a violation of this Agreement, may be repossessed by Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental at any time and without prior demand. Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental may also repossess the Vehicle any time it discovers You made a misrepresentation to obtain the Vehicle.
11. PROPERTY LEFT INSIDE VEHICLE Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental will not be liable for any loss of, or damage to property left at any time on or inside the Vehicle when servicing the Vehicle on Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental's premises, or received or handed by Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental regardless of who is at fault except if due to the indemnities negligence or willful misconduct. You will be liable to Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental for all claims made by other for such loss or damages except if due to the indemnities negligence or willful misconduct.
12. ASSIGNMENT This Agreement and Vehicle cannot be assigned by You, any attempt to do so is null and void.
13. GENERAL This Agreement will be construed and interpreted according to the Laws of Puerto Rico. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental and You and it shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties, their respective heirs, executors, successors or assigns. This Agreement cannot be altered except in writing. Island Jeep Rental or Coqui Car Rental remedies under this Agreement are not exclusive and its failure to strictly enforce any provisions of this Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of that provision or as excusing You from future performance. Any provision of this Agreement on which is deemed unenforceable, or is prohibited will not invalidate the remaining provisions hereof.
You hereby agree to subject yourself to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, San Juan Part, in any action or proceeding arising, or related in any way to this Agreement.
Cancelation fee is equivalent to one day rental plus tax and must be made at least 48 hours prior to pick up.
A $8.50 an hour rate will be added to reservations that exceeds the 24 hours daily rate.
Upon reservation confirmation a temporary $500 hold will be placed and released immediately upon vehicle return. Our clients usual have their Refunds reflected on their credit card statement within 5 to 7 working days. Our recommendation is that you follow up and stay in touch with your bank to find out when the money will be reflected in your account.
*Our company is not responsible for the date of release nor does the it have the ability to accelerate your banks process.
If you have auto insurance policy on your State that will cover rental vehicle in Puerto Rico, please provide a copy of said policy stating that rental vehicle are covered in Puerto Rico. If not, this rental company has a mandatory insurance policy for $23.95 per day. You can email the same to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum driver age is 25 years. Any additional driver will pay $9.99 per day of rental, driver under 21-25 must be approved.
A charge of $8.50 an hour after return time until time of office closed, if not a whole day will be charge. The deductible payment ($500) does not relieve your total responsibility if you have violated this agreement. Any damages caused by an unauthorized driver in this agreement will considered a violation to this contract and the renter must accept full responsibility of all damages.
No smoking in the Jeep - Violation penalty is $250.
I agree that if the vehicle is returned with stains, mud, cement, sand, pets hair, smoke smell, any scratches, including the ones caused by thorns and bushes on doors or car rugs depending on the stains, there will be a minimum charge from $75- $250 and $50 for hard top unattached Loss of vehicle key has a charge of $250. All Traffic Violations reported or not reported will be charge to the credit card on record plus an additional 5%fee.
Fuel cost is $20 for 1/8 of a tank.
Island Jeep Rental & Coqui Car Rental is not responsible for items left in the vehicle.
Law 8 Article 18 is considered illegal appropriation not returning or calling to extend contract 24 hours after return time and an additional $100 will also be billed to the Credit Card.